CURRENCY ASSET MANAGEMENT
Managed Currency Accounts
Currency markets are an increasingly important and attractive asset class for generating active returns for the following reasons:
- There are many non-profit motivated players in currency markets, creating obvious market inefficiencies which can be exploited for profit
- The currency market is the world's largest, most liquid market and is characterised by very low transaction costs
- The market's extensive liquidity makes it easy to enter and exit currency strategies and thus offers less capacity constraint than other asset classes
- Deep, liquid markets facilitate market and manager transparency
- Currency strategies exhibit low correlation with other asset classes
- Currency alpha strategies within a portfolio offer diversification benefits
In addition to the company's currency debt management and overlay programmes, we offer several other currency programmes and strategies each designed to deliver absolute returns. These are delivered internally and externally through managed accounts, and are available in GBP, EUR or USD as the base currency.
Such strategies include:
- Developed Markets Currency Programmes
- Developing and Emerging Market Currency Programmes
- Multi-Strategy Currency Programmes
Our FX Alpha Programme trades in the major currencies (USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, CHF, AUD & CAD), and gold and silver. Spot gold and silver are traded in the same way as spot currencies and are, in effect, physical currencies with a strong USD correlation.
Our Synthetic Debt Management Programme trades in the major currencies (USD, EUR, JPY, GBP, CHF, AUD & CAD), on a short-only basis against the base currency (GBP, EUR or USD).
Managed Currency Accounts are permitted SIPP investments.
Discretionary Managed Currency Account Services Agreement